The agency was established by the late W. Richard Turner in 1954. At the time of establishment, the office was in Barkeyville, which is in Venango County, Pennsylvania. The office was moved to Harrisville in Butler County, Pennsylvania, in 1971. After the death of the agency founder, in 1974, his wife Betty & son Gary assumed the management of the agency. In 1980, the agency office was moved to 117 South Main Street in Harrisville. In 1982, Gary Turner purchased the agency and serves as the President. In 2003, Abbie Turner Michael joined the agency full time, making the agency a three generation business. In November 2006, construction was completed and operations were moved to a brand-new office building located at 240 South Main Street in Harrisville.
The number one goal of Turner Insurance Agency, Inc. is to be successful.
We feel that success is accomplished only when we have achieved the following:
- Give the most prompt, accurate, courteous service our clients have ever received.
- Always try to do what is best for our clients within our capabilities
- Treat all insurance company personnel with respect and stay within the guidelines and limits established by the insurance companies we represent.
- Be fair to our competition.
- Work together as a team with our co-workers, our clients, and insurance company personnel.
Who We Represent
- Erie Insurance Group
- Donegal Insurance Companies
- Foremost Insurance Company
- Progressive Insurance Companies
- Millville Mutual Insurance Company
- Hagerty Classic Insurance Company
- United Healthcare
Also, as licensed insurance producers we have access to hundreds of Insurance companies and almost any insurance product you may need.
Types of Policies
Licensed to Sell
We are licensed to sell insurance in Pennsylvania, Ohio, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee & Montana. We have built our business primarily on serving clients in Western Pennsylvania and Eastern Ohio.
Service is #1
Providing you with outstanding service is our primary goal. We want your experience with us to be pleasant, helpful and informative. We see ourselves as being on your team and we try to help you make decisions the same way we would if you were a member of our own family. We believe in the Golden Rule and seek to do business accordingly.
Claims are a Number One Priority at Turner Insurance. We understand that the reason you purchase insurance is because you may have a claim. All claims are reported directly to our office when possible so we can be sure our client’s claims are settled promptly and properly. With Erie Insurance we use our claim check authority so we can pay most of the small claims immediately. We follow the process throughout to ensure you are satisfied and receive a fair settlement.